Get Me Out Of Here!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
We've had the house on the market since just after Thanksgiving.  We've had a few lookers but no offers.  We've been waiting a couple of days for an offer to come through.  The guy loved the house and went to the bank yesterday.  So we're waiting.

The Greek has lived in this town nearly all his life.  He knows it like that back of his hand but he's getting sick of the snow and cold.  I had promised myself that I'd never live where there was snow again.  See the stupid things that love makes us do?   I don't drive in the winter.  My car stays in the garage from about October till May.  Having snow or ice on the roads makes me tense and I end up with a headache.  Since The Greek seems happy to chauffeur me around, in true diva fashion, I let him.

Snow half way up our sliding glass door.  That's a 6 ft high fence behind that  snow!

I've lived in California, Hawaii, Colorado and now Wisconsin.  I've traveled quite a bit around the western half of the United States.  When I got to Kenosha, almost 2 years ago, I thought...Mayberry!  Or  "The Big Green".  It reminds me of stereotypical small town America, especially the neighborhood we live in.  It's quiet and most of the houses were built in the 1950's.  We live in a good area, close to conveniences.  There is an awesome Italian grocer, Tenuta's.  I love going there for sandwich meat, spices and good olive oil.

My Favorite Olive Oil


The downsides are many though.  Snow in the winter!  No good Asian restaurants.  No good Asian stores.  We haven't found an outstanding restaurant of any kind here yet.  There are a few good restaurants, but nothing that makes you dream about going back.   Barnes and Noble and Lane Bryant are too far away, as is Costco.  No Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

The biggest reason that I'll be happy to get away is that there is something in the air here.  Not sure what it is, maybe from the power plant.  I have a perpetual sore throat.  I have to take massive doses of ibuprofen just to be able to sing.  I had chalked it up to being sick all last year, until we made a visit to Arizona last November.  Both The Greek and I felt so good down there.  His nose stopped dripping and my throat didn't hurt.  Within an hour of being back home, we started to feel sick again.

We are SO ready for this move.  For now, we've got all our fingers and toes crossed.  Legs too...oh wait...brb...



Much better.  Still, I can't wait to get out of here and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment