Five Question Friday 05/05/11

Friday, May 6, 2011
Today, I'm cheating.  I've got a late show at midnight our time and realized I didn't have much time to get a blog posted.  In my online travels today, I ran across this hop, so I will make this today's post.


  

1. Have you ever had roommates?

A few times in my life.  My first roommates were a group of gay men.  They taught me to dance and party!  Also how to kiss!  I taught some of them how to dress...like a woman...they would borrow my clothes too.   It was a fun year, then I moved back home.

My next roommate was my best friend and her daughter.  I had my daughter then too.  She was the only female I ever had for a best friend in my adult life.  We don't see each other much but still email now and then.

In a way, I guess The Greek (and his kids) are my current roommates since we're "living in sin".  Funny how that mentality has changed in the last 20 years...for the better!


2. How many names do you/your children have? (i.e. Prince Charming William Phillip Arthur Louis John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt)

We each have 4.  A first...an English middle name (although Horse's is Hawaiian not English)...a Japanese middle name...and a last name.

3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

Nope, not one bit of it.  Closest I came was someone who blogged about the hats some of the women wore.  It did affect me though.  I had a late night show and we didn't have our usual turn-out.  Too many waiting for the big event.

4. What is the messiest room in your house?

My office.  Well, half office.  I don't have much space of my own here, so most of my time is spent at my desk.  Everything I use on a day to day basis is here.  My medicines and supplements, my makeup, my liquor.  Then of course there is normal desk stuff...pens, paper, CD's, USB hubs, external HD and 3 computers.  Throw in my singing equipment, mic and stand, mixer, headphones, mp3 players, and preamp.  Even under my desks are full.  Computer tower, sub woofer, printer, tool box, craft supplies and various snacks.  

I sent my daughter a picture recently.  I told her we could play I spy.  "Can you find 3 bottles of port and a bottle of tequila?" 




5. What is your ideal mothers day?

To have all my kids here with me.  My daughter and my sons.  Anything else wold be gravy.  

Of course since I'm not anyone's mother here, it will be like any other Sunday.

Those are my answers and I'm sticking with them.  I'd love to see yours!  Check out the link above and join us too!



2 comments:

Are You A Mom said...

Hello,
I am now following you from the hop...Please stop by Areyouamom.com and say hi :)
Have a great weekend!
Maureen

Rachel said...

I don't even use my desk as a desk. It's a place to pile crap on.

Post a Comment