What in the Hexies?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011
I'm always looking for new things to do and new things for my daughter to do.  She's going nuts.  Stuck in Canada waiting for her immigration papers too go through.  She can't legally work there yet so needs things to fill her days.

I ran across a post at Simply Crunchy, one of the blogs I follow, on hexies.  I did a little more checking and thought it was perfect for my daughter.

Di  loves doing things with her hands.  When she was young she'd come and tell me, "I want to do something creative, crafty and fun!"  She hasn't changed much at all since those days.   This project will allow her to take her work outside on beautiful sunny days and not drag it through the dirt and grass.

I was going to leave this one up to her as I probably wouldn't keep my interest long enough to make a whole quilt.  Then I saw the cutest table runner made out of hexies, so I guess I'm going to try my hand at it.

My tastes run to the oriental or the tropical.  I couldn't find any Hawaiian prints when I went to the fabric store yesterday but did find a few oriental ones.  So this is what I got.


There are only 3 pieces of fabric there but the one to the left has so many different patterns I wanted to show more of them.

I'll give it a try and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment