Blogging Parents...I Kiss Your Feet!

Sunday, June 12, 2011
I am in awe of you!  Yes! You!  All you ladies, and men too (we can't forget the single and SAH fathers out there), who have children at home and still manage to blog regularly.

Since the boys got hereI don't know where the time goes, or the days for that matter.  I think I missed posting a day but don't know when that happened.


Something like Day of the Week panties might help.  If I could remember to wear the right ones on the right days.  Nah, ain't gonna happen.

I get up in the morning and as soon as the boys hear my bedroom door open, they literally throw themselves at me.  Horse yells, "Cling!" as he holds on for dear life.  They fool me every morning into thinking they are so sweet and innocent.  They massage my neck and legs for a few minutes before grabbing something for breakfast.

The rest of the day is a blur.  There is a lot of food involved.  I keep telling them, "I fed you yesterday.  Are you sure I'm supposed to feed you again today?"  They think they are Hobbits.  That's a lot of cooking, cleaning and shopping to be done.  Not even fun type shopping!

Whenever I get a great idea for a post, I sit at my computer and start writing.  Invariably I hear...

"Mama!  The toilet's clogged again!  It wasn't me!"

"Mama!  We're out of underwear!"

"Mama!  Rabbit won't let me hibernate in the closet with him!"

"Mama!  There's a fly...spider...mosquito...in our room!"

I jump up to fix things and promptly forget my great idea.  Even if I remember the topic, I've forgotten all the witty things I was going to say.  Bah, humbug!

I'm hoping that I'm just out of practice and things will soon get back in the groove.  Wait, do I even have a groove? *Adds that to To-Do list*

Where was I?

Oh yeah.  So I applaud you busy bloggers who still find time to get it done.  Especially those with younger children.

I'm open to suggestions.

I may even figure this out before I lose my mind.  Probably not.  If you see it, send it home please!

2 comments:

Non-Stop Mom said...

Ha. This is why I don't sleep. I stay up until 3am just trying to catch up on bloggy stuff ..... and then I clean up the living room and kitchen while they're sleeping. But man, they want to get up at the buttcrack of dawn, and they expect me to be up too??? What's up with that?

The days when I only have 2 of mine at home aren't even any easier because I have to be up with them - if all 5 of them are home, the older ones can at least make sure that the younger ones don't burn the house down while I'm still comatose on the futon....

Kar said...

LOL. I'm so there too. I'm lucky that they are happy to play video games until I'm ready to get up. I still need to get up earlier when they are here than I normally do and they wear me out during the day. I'll get it all figured out...maybe.

Post a Comment