As Time Goes By

Saturday, June 4, 2011
Just goes to show, I shouldn't pat myself on the back to soon. Or maybe never.

A month ago, I was in a sort of "zone". I was posting daily. One BOTH blogs! Then surgery got in the way. For some reason, I've been having a harder time. It's been tough trying to come up with topics and to get the daily post done before the day is over.

That's so me!

The closer it gets to midnight, I get what The Ex used to call "brain to hand interlock".  My mind goes blank and the few ideas that do occupy it, don't get sent to my keyboard very well.

The boys will be here in two weeks and I need to figure this all out before they get here because I'll have less time to myself.  I will have more topics and stories though. My kids are ha-wear-ee-us (hilarious, as Horse used to pronounce it).

I am NOT a morning person. I never have been. I can go to bed at 8 pm and still not be able to function until at least noon. I am at my most creative and alert between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. The Greek will vouch for me. Usually by that time, he's winding down for bed.  I'm all, "You wanna play? Huh..huh...do ya...do YA?"

The afternoon flies by and then if I have any shows, I'm busy with them all night. Soon I look at the clock and it's almost midnight and I haven't posted yet.

I'm up for suggestions. Do you write a post every day? Do you pre-write posts for later publication? What works for you? Do you have a time of day that you prefer to publish your posts?

Maybe I should just write late at night and then set it to publish later in the day. Like at 8 am! Fool everyone into thinking I'm a morning person, while I'm really still in bed dreaming of... Wait! That's a topic for my other "other" blog, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment