If I Fall In...!

Sunday, June 5, 2011
I can be talking with The Greek or my daughter and laughing about some video or picture we found on the internet.  The urge strikes and I tell them I'll be right back.  I walk out of my office, into the bathroom to find this

Not my toilet but a fair representation

I don't know what it is about leaving the toilet seat up but it's like a slap in the face to me.  It's like someone flipping me off.  Who wants to look IN the toilet bowl.  Even if you clean it all the time, it still gets gross between cleanings.

"Someone" still can't get it all in the bowl.  They can write their names in the snow, but can't aim it to make sure it doesn't hit the rim and outside of the bowl.  So it's only polite to put the seat down and cover some of it up.

I grew up in a house of girls.  I have three sisters and no brothers.  My father NEVER left the toilet seat up.  The Ex was good about it too.  The one time he forgot, guess who blindly went in to pee in the middle of the night?  I screamed so loud that he never did it again.

My boys have a phobia about touching the toilet seat (thanks to their father),  One even uses his toes to manipulate the seat and to flush.  They don't leave the toilet seat up either, they know better.  I've taught them that's it's as important as opening the door for someone, maybe more so.

The Greek's never done it.  I know because he only uses the master bathroom never the main one.  He's more inclined to lower the seat AND the cover.

So who is the culprit?  His son.  Only one of them and I know which one.  I've been watching and it frequently happens when the one is at work.

I have other issues with this one anyway but I'll reserve them for now.  Maybe it will be another post someday.

I've been thinking of putting a sign up above the toilet

"Put the toilet seat down.  It's the polite thing to do."

"If you can't put the seat down then don't use this toilet"

"Don't be rude or a jerk.  Put the seat down when you're done"




Or maybe just this one with the caption "You Could Be Next!"


Does this bother anyone else as much as it does me?  What is the norm in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment