You Are Never Too Old To Be A Rock Star!

Saturday, April 2, 2011
An early drawing
I'm a dabbler.  I always have been.  I love doing different things but very few things keep my interest for very long.  I draw, paint, sew, and write.  I have one book nearly done.  It's a bit of erotica that has been waiting on the last chapter for 3.5 years now.  (I did finally write most of it last week)  I also recently started a new one.  A love story this time.  I've done various crafts and enjoyed them long enough to make 4 or 5 pieces each.  I dabble in Photoshop.  I also play a bit of guitar and a smaller bit of piano and I sing.

For decades, I would tell myself.  "Self!  Somewhere you have a talent.  One day you'll find something you are very good at."  I'd get to feeling the itch and take out watercolors or pastels, fabric and my sewing machine, or various craft supplies.  Some things turned out pretty well.  Some, not even my mother would want to hang on her fridge.
One of my better ones

Just right after I turned 49, I discovered it.  The one thing in life I do well, or at least better than all the other things.  I should actually say RE-discovered it.  It still took many months for me to believe it was true.  Through the magic of the internet and multimedia, I am a rock star!  OK rock star is a bit of an exaggeration.  I do sing a few rock songs as well as other genres but my niche is most jazz and blues.  I have about 1000 fans all over the world.  Not a large number in the worldly scheme of things but about 995 more than I had before.  It still amazes me that people will not only come to hear me sing but they will pay me to do it.  It is a great feeling though to know you've touched someone through music.  Shows you to never give up your dreams.  Think big and know things may come from unexpected places.

One day, I may give more detailed information.  Not yet though, mostly because I'm not quite ready for that side to meet this side of me. They are both a part of who I am, so I don't think it will be much longer.  I just need to ...get a face lift...lose some weight...find my abs...shave my legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment