Out of the Mouths of Babes

Saturday, April 30, 2011
I've got enough for two posts on my food blog and nothing really for here today.  It's 4 am and I don't want to put this off until when I wake up because it is the boys' last day here with us.  I guess it's time to pull out the funny kid sayings.  

Horse was looking for The Greek's van in the parking lot earlier this week.  He happily announced that he had spotted the Dooj.  The Greek's DODGE Caravan will forever been known as the Dooj.  We were even talking about getting a new license plate with that name on it.





The boys and I all use the Kindle for PC.  I buy them books and have it sent to their computers and I can read them too so I know what they are reading.  It's been great and the boys love knowing that a call  to me means they can have a new book in just a few minutes.  Last week was my birthday and I was trying to decide what to buy with the presents my family had sent me.  I've been picturing myself sitting by my pool (Can you tell how much I want a pool?)  and reading my books.  I finally said, "I think I'm going to buy a Kindle!"  


Horse pipes up, "Why a Kindle?  Why don't you get something fun?" 


I told him that I thought a Kindle would be fun but what other suggestions did he have?  


"Toys!"  


"Why would I want toys?"  


"So you can play and share them with us!"

I NEVER!  I Swear!




When I shop, even at the grocery store, I like to go up and down every single aisle.  Jogs my memory about what I need and we get to see what new products are on the shelves.  My daughter and I were doing that one day.  She was about 3 years old and was sitting in the shopping cart.  We turned down an aisle that had all the pet food on one side of it.  In a really loud voice I hear her say, "Mommy!  You aren't going to feed me dog food AGAIN are you?"  I whipped around and she had the devil's grin on.



One final story...Sometimes when I'm busy working, I'll ask the kids to do small jobs for me.  One day when he was about 7,  I asked Rabbit to get me some water. He did and went back to playing. A little while later I asked him to refill my glass and he said "Ok Momma!  And this time I'll get you fresh water from the fridge!" ????   I didn't even want to ask!



No comments:

Post a Comment