Color of Purple

Friday, April 15, 2011
For years, I never thought I had a favorite color.  I love deep bright jewel tone colors.  Emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue.  I also like most fluorescent colors too especially hot pink.  I love white although I can't wear it.  Dirty seems to suck right on to me when I put on white.  My sister had two very young boys and could wear white all day and it still looked...well...white.  I used to envy her for that.

Of course there is plenty of black in my wardrobe.  They say black makes you look thinner right?  Sometimes I think, wouldn't you notice a huge black spot on something before you noticed a huge white spot?  Still we all bow to convention in some way or another.



I was surprised one day when an acquaintance came up to me and said, "Your favorite color is purple isn't it?"  I looked around me and then mentally went through my clothes and you know what?  She was right!  I don't exclude most colors.  Heck, I even wear orange.  I tend to gravitate to red too but I think it's because red is a common color and easier to find.

 When I want something special, I tend to turn to purple if it is available.  Deep dark purple is elegant and luxurious.  The mid range purples are classic and chic.  The lighter side of the scale is playful and girlie.  Purple fits all my moods.

Even in music, purple can evoke many emotions.  Purple Rain is beautiful and poignant.  Purple People Eater is fun and nonsensical.  And those of us who grew up in the States can't forget "for purple mountains majesty" (America the Beautiful).  What a picture those words paint!

So naturally when I decided to change my blog template, purple was the first thing I looked for.  I think it's a good place to be.  I hope you think so too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am one of your newest fans from Bloggy Moms. The purple is pretty!

http://www.ourbananamoments.com
http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

Marsha

Post a Comment