Well Heeled

Friday, April 29, 2011
They are like old friends.  Worn down but comfortable.  They were so cute when I bought them nearly five years ago and looked good, especially with the painted flowers on my toenails.  They were made by Skecher and I would almost kill to have another pair.  I've looked and looked for a couple of years with no luck.  They go by many names...sandals, slippers, zoris, flipflops.  They were my go-to footwear of choice in the warmer months.  Easy on, easy off and so comfortable to wear and walk in. I can't believe the little bows and fake gems are still on them today.



One of the great things I've found about some of these blogs is they tell me about freebies and great deals.  I don't have to go looking for them myself.  Today the Divvy Up Diva posted a link to a coupon for Famous Footwear (click on her link to get to it.  It's good through May 1st both in stores and online) for 30% off your ENTIRE purchase.  I've been thinking about getting a new pair of sandals for a couple of weeks.  So I printed mine out and had The Greek drive me over to Famous Footwear.

Nearly everything in the store was on sale and then I had the coupon on top of that.  There were so many cute styles and I found five or six to try on.  Rabbit and Horse were great.  First they just sat next to me and raided the candy I had in my purse. With their sweet tooth satisfied, I was able to send them out to return boxes and get other sizes when I needed them.  They helped to critique them and so we decided on three pairs.

My sons' favorites.  They like me being a girly girl.  They love when I wear floral shirts and dresses and bathe in floral scented bath gel.  The black blossoms on these were right up their alley.



These were a comfortable take on the classic fisherman sandal.



My boys live in crocs.  They go through 2 or 3 pairs a year.  They were excited when I found a pair I liked.  I loved them.  They were very comfortable and like all crocs they are made of that plastic material.  These also have those special bottoms that are supposed to make your legs more toned.  I could picture myself walking around the pool area in our new house in AZ, in these shoes.  Ok so we haven't found a new house...yet.  We don't know if we'll have a pool or not...yet.  One can dream ...and hope.



I should be set now for the next couple of years.  So I guess I can retire the old blue striped ones...Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment