I Bow To All You Mommy Bloggers!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011
In the last 4 days, I've gained a new respect for mommy bloggers.  Especially those with young children.  I am amazed by those that post every day.  I am trying to do that and with my boys here, it's been a challenge.  Yes, I have more things to write about since we're actually doing things, but who can remember them this late at night?  


When they are not here with me, I cook a good dinner maybe 3 times a week.  The rest of the time we pretty much forage for ourselves.  Other than that my time is my own to do what I want with.  


It might be because they are not with me all the time.  I have to make sure I cook all their favorite meals in the short time they are here.  I also try to spend as much time as I can with them, so I don't sit at my desk and write bits and pieces of my blog all day.


I had a light bulb go off in my head today.  What if I make blogging a family affair?  It was an idea I had been tossing around anyway, but maybe this would give me a chance everyday to put some work into mine while creating a little family "moment".  Moment was the right word I guess.


My boys are avid readers but don't like to write.  I think it's mostly because neither one is good at penmanship.  I want them to learn to express themselves well.  For years, I never put anything creative on paper.  Everything was done on the computer and so I thought I'd urge my kids to start writing that way.


They each started a blog today.  The blogs are not open to the public.  We are hoping that some of the other relatives start following along.  I will post excerpts here when I see something worth sharing.  


I was hoping this would give me time to write in at least one of my blogs.  Fat chance.  Horse's first attempt was about 8 words long.  So I set a minimum of 5 sentences, for now.





This is Rabbit's first blog post...


My new diet has 40 points a day.  We can't snack.  It's sad.

Also mama couldn't load LOTRO. 

I also ate crepes at easter brunch.  They were filled with peaches.



(In my defense, they get 2-3 snacks a day, if they choose wisely.  This was in response to me making him decide on S'mores OR mousse OR a serving of baked chips for that snack time)






Horse got into the spirit after I told him to write more...


On Easter I went to a Easter brunch and I did a Easter egg hunt.  Horse  and I both got 4 special Easter eggs. In the special eggs there was money.


For Easter brunch I went to Bakers street. My favorite thing was the ribs. They were really tasty.Most of the meat fell off the bones .


Not too bad for first posts.  I can't wait to see how much better they get at doing this.  Do any of your younger kids blog?  I'd like to know how you encourage them and if they are enjoying it.









No comments:

Post a Comment