Where Are Your Eggs Hiding?

Sunday, April 24, 2011
My boys are here and I am so happy!  Let's just say that the ex was lucky that it was so late last night that I was too tired to rant much.  It was my birthday yesterday and it was great having the boys here for it.

Today is Easter!  Happy Easter to everyone out there!  Thank you everyone who is following me either here or on Facebook or Twitter.  Makes me excited to see that someone might be interested in what we're doing.

Every Easter previous to this one, we color eggs.  About 4 dozen of them.  We have a great time.  The kid's fingers are more colorful than the eggs.  Big problem is...what to do with all those eggs.  My ex would eat them but The Greek hates hardboiled eggs.  My boys LOVE them, especially deviled eggs.  If I make a dozen they will eat a dozen.  That's not a good thing.

This year I told them that we weren't going to color eggs this year.  They weren't upset about the not coloring but about the no deviled eggs.  I made a deal with them that I would make half a dozen deviled eggs but we would paint some ceramic eggs instead so we could keep them for future decorations.  They agreed

So today, we spread newspapers on the kitchen table and painted eggs.  The boys each did 2 and I did one and took pictures.

Rabbit was very methodical painting his and I think they turned out great.  Horse  started out with a brush then moved to more of a flood your plate and dunk method.  Needless to say, his are very well covered but priceless keepsakes.  You'll be able to tell mine.  It's the only "girlie" one.

Rabbit is steady and knows what design he wants.

Horse thinks the mess is half the fun!

Rabbit's are near the top.  Horse's on the bottom.


It was a lot of fun and I'd like to make it a regular tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment