Let The Kids Help And They May Surprise You

Monday, April 25, 2011
I've been feeling old lately and was thinking about coloring my hair to get rid of the gray.  The Greek is no help.  His hair is long and getting grayer all the time.  My ex used to say that the gray made me look distinguished.  I'd tell him that I don't want to look distinguished, I want to look 23!
Before
So I asked the boys.  They unanimously agreed that I should get rid of the gray.  So we went to the store and they helped me pick out a color.  We decided on what I thought was a black red.

I followed the instructions to a "T".  The boys watched and helped me keep it off the floor and walls and anything else that got in the way.  After leaving the solution in for 30 min it said to add a little water and lather it up.  The next part said rinse until water runs clear.  I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed.  For more than 30 minutes and the water, although lighter was still an orange color.  Finally my arms wouldn't take anymore so I stopped at nearly clear.  I looked in the mirror and what was formerly gray is now RED!
After!  At least it's not blue I guess.
Most of my gray hair was around the front of my hairline and my hair is really long.  It touches the seat of the chair when I'm sitting on one.  So you can't really see much of it until I pull my hair back, but it is definitely red.  The boys think it's super cool although Horse said he'd much rather it be blue.

I guess the gray is gone.  I look at least a few months younger.  My boys like it.  I suppose I can live with it for a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment