A Trip for the Lords and Lady

Sunday, July 10, 2011
I've been stressing about getting a post up every day.  I've not been totally successful either.  Now that the boys are back here and likely to stay, I've got to come up with some kind of method to the madness.  My time particularly gets tight Thursday - Sunday when I have shows too, especially the days I do multiple ones.

I've decided, for now, to let what happens happen.  I'll try and post most days but won't stress if it doesn't get done.  Maybe by the fall, I'll have this figured out.  Don't hold your breath though okay?

Anyway, yesterday was the opening of the Ren Faire here in Wisconsin.  I really didn't want to go on opening day.  I knew it was going to be crowded and just miserable, but kids are free this weekend and we had coupons for $5 off adult admission for opening weekend only.  I have two shows today so that was out of the question.  So we sucked it up and went.

Boy I was wrong.  It WAS more crowded than last year but no overly so.  Only time you really noticed was standing in line for certain food items and even that didn't take a lot of time.  Weather was nice.  A little humid and a little on the warm side but absolutely bearable.

Being opening weekend, all the workers were in good spirits and the costumes people wore were amazing.  Made me want to go buy something until I saw the prices!  I could almost buy a whole summer wardrobe for the cost of one dress!  It wasn't that fancy either.  Ok I'll stick to my shorts.

I did splurge on another one of these though.  I bought a black and silver one last year and wanted a little color.  We chose red this time around.  The kids LOVE to play with them.  They change shape.  I'll show you one day.



Ok kick me.  I just realized that I don't have any pictures of people in costume.  I pretty much take pics of my kids and the food.  One track mind I know.

So here is mostly what we had for lunch yesterday.

Giant Turkey Legs!  Very Good.  Not as good as Disney's though.

Beef Ribs (There were 2 but Horse had already grabbed one and wouldn't let it go)
Onion Stryngs and an Artichoke (my lunch).  Kids loved the onion and Rabbit learned he likes artichokes!


Horse participated in the 300 man this year.  It's basically a mock fight.  All spectators (300 men) get a chance to charge a group of "Barbarians".  When you are touched by one of their foam paddles you are out and go to the back of the pack.

That's my baby, at the back in the red shorts.  But he lived!
I learned that my kids are too polite.  They are not aggressive enough when they need to be.  Horse hung out near the back of the crowd.  I was afraid he'd complain that he didn't get to hit any one.  I didn't have to worry.  His claim to fame..."I didn't die even once the whole time!"  Well I guess there is that, maybe being non-aggressive is not such a bad thing after all.

Tomorrow, I'll share some video that shows my kids' favorite activity there.  Well, besides eating and shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment